NEWS: 2014 Reporting guidelines
At its thirty-second session (Geneva, 9–13 December 2013), the Executive Body for the LRTAP Convention adopted revised guidelines for reporting emissions and projections data under the Convention (ECE/EB.AIR/122/Add.1, decisions 2013/3 and 2013/4).
Revised 2014 Reporting guidelines (ECE/EB.AIR.125 [PDF, 194KB]) are adopted for application in 2015 and subsequent years. The document is a revised version of the 2009 Guidelines for Reporting Emission data under the Convention (ECE/EB.AIR/97), which were approved by the Executive Body in 2008 (ECE/EB.AIR/96, para. 83 (b)).
Here you can download the Annexes for the revised 2014 reporting guidelines [ZIP, 431KB].
Emission inventory reporting shall cover all years from 1990 to N-2 (2000 onwards for PM).
Projections should be reported for NOx, NMVOC, SOx, NH3 and BC (where appropriate).
- full time series of emissions (Annex I) annually by 15 February
- notification on new adjustment application (if applicable) by 15 February
- IIRs (Annex II) annually by 15 March
- projections (Annex IV) 2015 onwards every four years by 15 March
- gridded data (Annex V) 2017 onwards every four years by 1 May
- supporting documentation for new Adjustment application by 15 March
- LPS information (Annex VI) 2017 onwards every four years by 1 May
EU may deliver emission and projections report by 30 April, its IIR by 30 May and its gridded data and LPS by 15 June.
For emissions from transport, all Parties should calculate emissions consistent with national energy balances reported to Eurostat or the International Energy Agency. Emissions from road vehicle transport should therefore be calculated on the basis of the fuel sold in the Party concerned. In addition, Parties may voluntarily calculate emissions from road vehicles based on fuel used or kilometres driven in the geographic area of the Party.
Parties are kindly invited to:
- forward their data in standardized format electronically to the EMEP Centre on Emission Inventories and Projections (CEIP) or alternatively upload it on the EIONET Central data depository maintained by EEA and
- inform the UNECE secretariat of the contents of their data submission by means of the notification form (Annex III [DOC]) (but without sending the data files to the secretariat).
- Parties are invited to check the formats with RepDab before submitting data to CEIP/EEA.
CEIP, on behalf of the Convention, communicates directly with CEIP contact points [PDF, 130KB] regarding any queries on Parties submission. Parties are kindly requested to reply to CEIP requests.
For reporting of emissions and projections Parties should solely use the latest version of the templates "NFR14" posted on the CEIP website as zip-file (17.4.2014) or as individual Annexes.
Revised 2014 Reporting guidelines ECE/EB.AIR.125 [PDF]
EMEP/EEA Air Pollutant Emission Inventory Guidebook 2016 in English