Centre on Emission Inventories and Projections
CEIP (the EMEP Centre on Emission Inventories and Projections):
- collects emissions and projections of acidifying air pollutants, heavy metals, particulate matter and photochemical oxidants from Parties to the LRTAP Convention
- reviews submitted inventories in order to improve the quality of reported data
- prepares data sets as input for long-range transport models
- provides support to the Parties, UNECE secretariat and IC.
CEIP also operates the UNECE/EMEP emission database (WebDab) which contains information on emissions and projections from all Parties to the LRTAP Convention in separate data sets:
- official emissions as submitted by Parties,
- emissions used in EMEP models (gap-filled emissions),
- gridded emissions and large point sources (LPS) in Google maps, and
- officially reported activity data
CEIP work builds on the emission related work within EMEP (Co-operative programme for monitoring and evaluation of long range transmission of air pollutants in Europe), close cooperation is maintained with the other EMEP centers like CCC, CIAM, MSC-E, and MSC-W. Important collaboration partners are also the UNECE secretariat, the TFEIP, the Austrian Ministry of Environment, the EEA, JRC Ispra and the European commission.
EMEP - the European Monitoring and Evaluation Programme is a scientifically based and policy driven programme under the CLRTAP for international co-operation to solve transboundary air pollution problems.